5 Inspiring Thoughts To Start Your Day Right
August 26, 2011
As much as it’s important to be able to sleep and wake up with physical wellness, it’s important to be able to do so with mental wellness as well. Our physical health, which is largely determined by diet, exercise, environment and so on, is actually also affected by what goes on inside our head. Anxiety, stress, depression, fear, and other kinds of uneasiness are mental and emotional states that can negatively affect our physical health. However, the opposite story is also true – thoughts of happiness, hope, peace and other kinds of joyful thoughts can affect us in a positive way.
The way your morning time, the time when your day starts, is spent is very vital to determine the rest of the day. If you spend the very moment you open your eyes thinking how horrible your boss is, how impossible those assignments are, and how tiring this day will be for you, then there’s a very big chance that this day will not turn out well. Because with that mindset, you can be sure that you won’t be able to perform with your best potential. So, what are good and inspiring thoughts to start your day with so that you can perform effectively during the day?
1. This day is a new beginning. If you have been discouraged by the previous day, remember that this one is a whole new one, with new chances. This is a chance for everything to be better.
2. This day has new opportunities for you to learn. Each day contains experiences that will teach you to do better in the next day. Whether you may learn things the hard way, the important thing is that you learned a new lesson in life.
3. This day has new opportunities for you to react positively. You may think that like yesterday, there will be bad times, but remember this is only an opportunity for you to reward yourself, doing yourself a favor by doing the right thing and reacting positively.
4. This day is unique and in the making, and it’s up to you to shape what it will be like. Remember that this day has no chance of being a bad day unless you let it get to you.
5. This day is a new opportunity for you to be a better person than yesterday. The best thing about being able to live through another day is that you always have that margin for improvement. Lessons learned from the past and the desire to be a better person will motivate you to be able to live through the day in a good mindset.
You’ll never know what tomorrow brings, but how it will affect you is what you hold in your hand. You can have all these inspiring thoughts to think and dwell about, but if you never apply this to your day practically, you’re getting nowhere fast. However, the mind is always a good start. You don’t chant these 5 thoughts to yourself again and again, but you dwell on these so that it will motivate you to do better in the day.